SST Wushu
The Blog for SST's wushu CCA
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
2011 Wushu Assessment
Here's your Wushu Grading for 2011 Semester Two. Congratulations to those who have done well. Please post a reflection of your performance during the test in the comment section. Your reflection should include the strengths and weaknesses in each category, and how you are going to overcome these weaknesses (e.g., speed, strength, stability, etc).
Note: Please use scholarly language with no spelling or grammatical errors. Avoid slang or casual conversational writing.











17 Comments:
Blogger Preston said...
For me, I feel that although I have done my best, I can definitely do better. My 基本功 is overall alright, but if I practice more and work on my balance, I can get better scores. I have been learning and practicing my 套路 for a very long time, and considering the marks that I got, it is overall a good score and a job well done. Again, if I practice more often and learn from my mistakes that I make in my 套路, I can do better. As for my weapon 集体, this is overall a team effort and everyone must be doing the same thing at the same time. This is something which we must work on. But still, a good job!
Overall, practice makes perfect, and learn from your mistakes. If you don't, you will remain at that level or even fall behind.

Blogger DNL said...
In my opinion, I feel that although I have done quite okay, I still have areas to improve on. I need to improve on my strength, speed, stability and memorising techniques. I feel that I have done quite well in terms of my 步型. However I really need to improve on my 组合动作 as I know that I can do better on that. Therefore, I need to practice more to achieve my goal.

NINA

Blogger liewws said...
I think that I did not do very well for the test and I was surpirsed that I got 85 because I thought that I would get lower marks. The two areas that I scored the lowest were the 基本功 and the 步型. However, I believe that if I put more effort into practising on Wednesdays and Fridays and spending free time practising at home, I will be able to score higher next year. If I am unsure of any thing that 教练 teach I will clarify it with my friends so that I will not spend time practising the wrong things.

Wei Siew

Blogger weiqin said...
Overall, I think I did quite well but I could have done much better. In my opinion, I think 教练was actually a little lenient. I think I could have practiced more on my 套路 as I did not do very well. My weakness is mostly memorizing the steps. I will try to put in more effort and practice more. I hope to improve next year so I will try my best.

Blogger Taylor Tay said...
In response to the Wushu marks, I agree with Weiqin that 教练 was lenient. I think i was a too nervous during the test and messed up my 基本功 and 组合. I should practice more on my 步行 and 掌式 as my 掌 always ends up as 虎掌. I hope to dedicate some time over Sunday for Wushu practice. Maybe I should take a camera to school to take a video of 教练 with the 套路.

-Zhi An

Blogger Yan Jin said...
I think that although my results was rather good, I still have a long way to go for training before I can reach my goal, which is getting a medal for next year’s Inter-School Wushu Competition. My strengths are my routines, as I am able to do those fast (speed), with strength, 眼神 and remember the moves well. My strengths are also doing the different kicks properly. My weaknesses are in stability, as I always lose balance, and even after a year of training, I still cannot do one of the kicks properly and I am still quite stiff. To overcome these weaknesses, I am going to train more in that kick (As well as the other kicks) and balancing. I would also be more focus in warm-ups as it helps me to be less stiff. I still have to train on my speed, 眼神 and especially strength, as I am learning a new weapon with a higher difficulty level.

Blogger Joshua Loh said...
For 基本功 I did considerably well than what I thought I would do as I got the second highest score for it. For 套路, my score was average but it was still better than what I had expected. As for 集体, I did not do so well as I got the second lowest score for it. Overall, I am very satisfied with my score. However, I now know that my weakness is in 集体. I feel that I am not very smooth with the sword yet as I am afraid of injuring myself with it. I am also a bit unstable sometimes when I am nervous. I am able to do well without using weapons as I do not feel afraid that I might injure myself. I need to be more willing to do certain sword moves so I can improve in it.

Blogger daniel tan said...
In my opinion, I feel that although I have done rather well in comparison to my previous wushu test result which was 52, I still can improve on myself and be able to obtain a higher mark for it. I also feel that the wushu coach is very lenient towards his marking. I also realise during training (which was evident in the scores) that one of my greatest flaws is that do not really practise much after wushu or during and would therefore like WeiQin, have difficulty memorising some of the steps and would sometimes mess up. I feel that if I am able to improve on my weaknesses and try to practise more in my free time, I would score better and hopefully get full marks for the test next year

Blogger Lionel Lim said...
In comparison, I think I did worse for this test than the last, however, the results speak differently, as I have improved quite a fair bit. I feel that though the coach is neither too lenient nor relaxed in his marking, I feel that he should be more lenient, as the more lenient he is, the more mistakes we can spot within ourselves and improve. One of my greatest flaws is that I get too nervous when being tested and forget some parts of the routine I was supposed to perform. Another of my flaws is that I lose balance too easily, resulting in almost falling once in a while. These two of my flaws combined creates the rest of my flaws. Though my flaws are aplenty, but so are my strengths. I am probably more fast in doing the routine than the other team members in the group routine practice, so I can easily slow down to match the speed of my other members and I am very relaxed with my sword, which enables me to smoothly to do the routine.

Blogger Peng Kang Xiong said...
I think that I did considerably well considering the fact that I have only been in this CCA for about 7 months or so. I think that my weakness lies in my speed and stability when executing the moves and so I hope that by further practice I will improve on these two areas.

Blogger Roy Chua said...
I feel that I was able to do well in remembering most of the moves during the test, despite having to leave during the Friday sessions. I also feel that I was also able to maintain most of my strength during 集体刀. However, I was not able to use much strength during some of the other components of the test, and I even made some mistakes due to panic during 基本功. I feel that I would require more practice in 套路 as at the end of the 规定拳 I had missed out a lot of steps. I would overcome these weaknesses by having practicing at home as well as during CCA. Since I am able to resume the full session on Fridays, I would be able to have more time to work on my 规定拳.

Blogger Ng Carven said...
Generally, i think I did quite well and although my scores were satisfactory, i think i still could have done better. I think I could have improved on my 套路 as I forgot some of the steps nearing the end of it. My weakness is mainly memorizing the steps, because we had to do the other side of the 套路 and it was very confusing for me and i was very nervous during the test, causing me to be unsure of what i was supposed to do next. I will practice more and i hope to do better in the future.

Blogger Marcus Loh said...
Although I have achieved a score of 86 in this test, I felt that I could have done better in my 套路 as I tend to lose my balance in some of them. However, I need to be more flexible, thus resulting in some weak kicks. Thus, I would need to focus more during warm-ups to get the maximum out of my training

Blogger Isabella Goh said...
I think I did alright for the test as I got 91 for the test and is one of the highest scorers among the secondary 2s. However, there is definitely space for improvement as I think that my kicks are not very good yet, compared to others. I think I also have to improve a lot on my speed and strength as jiao lian always tells me that i'm not fast enough.

Blogger matthewwong said...
I think that i could have done better,as i got the lowest marks in the wushu sec 1.I hope to do better in sec 2.I think that i should practice more,as i did not practice a lot during this span of 7 months

Blogger Jun Jie Yeo said...
I feel that i did not do quite as well as I expected as I got the lowest of the sec 2s. I feel that i could have improved in my speed, stability and flexibility as those are my weakest traits and i feel that as a member of the wushu team, I have to be flexible, fast and stable in order to execute my routine well. I also feel that i should practice harder when training.

Blogger t.jianhui said...
In my opinion, my greatest weakness is the 基本功 involved in the 套路. As coach has pointed out earlier, I was not careful with the details and I believed that costed me some marks. In addition, numerous mistakes caused me to be distracted and my train of thoughts was disrupted. Therefore I suspect that my lack of ability to focus is what caused my score to decline. To overcome this weakness, I have resolved to train even harder in training sessions and motivate myself to further improve along with taking things more seriously. Furthermore, I wish to "evaluate" all my actions before doing them, so I have an idea of what to take note of. I would like to specifically tackle the problem of concentrating myself, as this will not only aid in my Wushu experience, but also to other applications as well.

Post a Comment