SST Wushu
The Blog for SST's wushu CCA
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Reflections for Performance on 23rd Jan 2011
Please post in the comments your reflection for the performance last sunday at block 305.

-What were your strengths?
-What were your weaknesses?
-How do you intend on improving yourself?

Ps: There will be rehearsal for Chinese New Year celebration next Tuesday at 2.30pm
6 Comments:
Blogger Roy Chua said...
Roy:

I was able to perform in front of the audience without any hesitation and minimal nervousness unlike the first performance on Racial Harmony Day. However, during the performance, I was not able to do the poses correctly as there was a lack of space on the stage. I was also not able to perform up to standard as I was not able to complete my warm-ups as I came to the performance on the dot. In order to improve myself, I will try to adapt myself to be able to do the routines in different amounts of space without obstructing anyone and I will try to be more punctual in the future for performances to be able to do the warm-ups.

Blogger Yan Jin said...
My strengths are that I do not have stage fright, thus I do not feel scared when performing in front of an audience, and I was familiar with my routine and the steps. My weaknesses are that because of lack of space, I was not used to it so I did not perform as well as I thought I could, and I went a bit too fast. I intend to improve myself by going a little slower, and be aware of the speed I am going at. Also, I can look through the video of the performance and see where I went wrong and which step I can improve on.

Yan Jin

Blogger Lionel Lim said...
Lionel

Sadly, I did not participate in the performance as I did not wake on time,due to my tiredness, thus, not being able to participate in the performance. My actions resulted in disappointing the whole wushu team. I know what I did was not correct, so in order to prevent this mistake again, I would sleep earlier and set more than one alarm. Through this experience, I understood the importance of punctuality, and would not want to be late agai

Blogger Preston said...
Last Sunday's performance gave me a challenge which I have never imagined. I had to perform in a space about 1/2 the size of the hall. We had to perform on that stage no matter what, so we had to improvise our moves and the distribution of people for each performance. I feel that my strengths are I can measure how much space I need for the performance, so I can stop at the perfect spot for the rest of my friends to start performing, without worrying of having to little space. I can also improvise my moves to adjust to the smaller area. One of my weakness is that I lose balance at some moves whenever I had to adjust to space. I can improve by practicing more and getting used to performing in whatever space given. This performance taught me how to improvise in bad cases. Let's just hope that in future performances, we won't have to perform in an area smaller than that...

Preston

Blogger Khim Tan said...
During this performance, the team faced an unexpected problem: the stage was too small! Hence, we had to change parts of our routines to suit the size of the stage. My strengths were that I was able to change my routine in time for the performance and was still able to do most of the stunts. My weaknesses were that I faced stage fright and tried to rush through my routine to get it over as soon as possible. Also, due to lack of warm up, I could not do my movements, stunts and posts properly. To improve on my weaknesses, I think I should always remember to warm up before CCA, performances and competitions to do well.

Khim

Blogger Joshua Loh said...
I was very surprised when I saw the stage was slightly less than half of our school stage. Thus we had to improvise, a lot, to solve the issue of space. Besides that, I was not so nervous about going up on stage to perform than our previous performance in front of the school. My weakness was I forgot to warm up beforehand so I may not have done the moves as well as I would have if I did warm up. I will train more at home and remember to do warm up before any physical activity. I also think the next time we could go earlier to see what is the situation for any performances outside of school so as to familiarise ourselves and make the necessary changes to our routines. (This may not work due to factors such as if they set up the stage just before the event, we have no time to see the situation and change our routines)

Joshua Loh

Post a Comment