Your reflections should describe your selection for this CCA and your Wushu Journey for the past 5 months. This will include your strengths and weaknesses. In addition, project into the future your plans for this CCA (e.g., represent SST for Inter-School Wushu Championships).
Note: Please use scholarly language with no spelling or grammatical errors. Avoid slang or casual conversational writing.
It has been about 4 months since I joined the Wushu CCA. For the first few weeks, we were taught by our chinese instructor some of the basic of wushu, like the hand techniques that we will be using. Also, we did some contraindicative exercises and stretches. They hurt during the first few weeks of training, but we got used to it eventually. After that, he taught us some of the basic routines, like the ‘bicycle’ routine, 5 step routine, and the basic routine. We had to memorize the steps and be able to perform them smoothly and with ease. It was tough as we had to memorize so many steps for the routines, but as we went on, we started to remember the steps and even teach our friends how to do them correctly.
Some of my good points are that I learn fast. One such example would be when I missed the last lesson, I can still catchup with the rest even if they have learnt a new routine and I have not. I also correct myself by asking my instructor or my friends about the moves in the techniques or routines, and I practice the routines or techniques more often when I make mistakes in them. I am at a disadvantage when it comes performing the routines perfectly. I always make small movements after each move and I do not kick or punch hard enough. I try to improve on this by practicing more every week and grow stronger so as to improve my overall stamina and Wushu performance.
Whenever I practice my Wushu techniques or routines, I always think that there is a dummy in front of me. So when I practice, I feel as if I am really punching or kicking the dummy, and that he will ‘fly’ whenever I punch or kick him. That way I ensure that I put in a lot of feeling and strength into my actions. Also, whenever I have free time, I will always try to practice my Wushu for at least ½ hour. That way I ensure that I will never forget the techniques and routines that my instructor has taught me.
Overall, we have been through many kinds of experiences: pain, enjoyment, happiness, and freedom. Not only do we get stronger physically, we also get stronger mentally, as we learn to endure pain throughout the journey. We have the courage to learn and practice wushu, and turn it as a form of stress reduction and exercise. I feel that as we learn more, we gain more knowledge and strength, and we even gained a skill that most of our friends would not have.
In the future, I plan to represent the school for inter-school competitions, the national day parade, and maybe even international competitions, so that I know I have achieved a certain level in Wushu. I would also like to teach our school’s juniors in Wushu and share with them some of my experiences. That way they would have a clearer view of what they will be in for in Wushu.
During CCA, we would learn new things almost every session. For the sessions that we do not learn anything new, we would be going through the things that we have already learnt.
So far, we have learnt a few different short routines, a few types of kicks and poses. The coach also told us about a bit of the background of how each pose or type of kick got its name.
Every session of Wushu would begin with the warm up. The coach would randomly pick one of us from the team to lead the warm up. After warming up, we would do some different types of stretching and poses. Then we would take a short break. Followed by the basic kicks and some of the short routines that we have learnt earlier. We would take another break after that and then we would be given some time to practice the longer routines, that we have learnt before, by ourselves or with a few of our friends. We are also allowed to ask the coach anything to clarify our doubts. After that, we would do the routines as a team together with the coach for a few times. For some sessions, the coach would ask us to do the routines in pairs or small groups of 3 or 4 people in front of the rest of the team including the coach. Then we would do some cooling down. For cooling down, we would do sit-ups, push-ups and/or some others in pairs or individually, sometimes even in groups of 3. We may even run or jump up and down the stairs a few times during CCA for warm up and/or cool down. For certain sessions, we would learn some attacking skills or sneaking skills. After all that, we would greet the coach and the teacher-in-charge, Mr Charles Low, would debrief us.
During the first few sessions of Wushu, the team hardly talked to each other. We would usually only be around our own friends in the same CCA. As days past by, everyone started to talk to each other. Very soon, everyone became friends and during CCA, it does not seem to be that quiet anymore. However, we started to make too much noise during CCA. The coach would often ask us to pay more attention.
Overall, I think that the team is quite united. However, we would have to pay more attention during each wushu session, especially when the coach is teaching or explaining to us how to use the right method to prevent any form of injury. We all have the habit of talking too much and not being serious when doing the actions. Although we know that it may cause injuries, we still do not take it seriously.
We are quite close to the coach. As in, we treat him as our friend. This can be a good and a bad thing. Good because we can enjoy each wushu session more but bad because we may not take each session seriously and we may even get injured.
I chose Wushu as my CCA because I have been learning it for the past 4 years and I enjoy it a lot. And of course, I have a few strengths and weaknesses in Wushu. One of my strengths is that I have already learnt some of the moves taught during our CCA, so I can help my schoolmates by going through the movements with them. Some of my weaknesses are that I usually look down whenever doing any kind of kicks and I also often bend my knee when it is supposed to be straightened.
I hope that in the future, SST's wushu team would be able to perform in public or participate in major performances. I also hope that at least a few people from the team would be able to join the Singapore national youth wushu team and represent Singapore in inter-national competitions.
Reflections for CCA
The CCA I am in is Wushu. I joined it since February, like everyone else. Wushu is one of the CCAs in my school with lesser people. It has only 14 students, while other CCAs have around 20 students. I do not really mind the fact that my CCA has lesser students, instead I think it is better. With lesser students to teach, the teacher can take lesser time to teach everyone the moves and correct everyone of us. I also think that with lesser students there would be lesser distractions. The reason why I chose Wushu is that in Primary School, my CCA, chinese dance, shared the same hall with the Wushu CCA. Every week we got to see their different moves and I wanted to learn them so I joined this CCA.
On our first lesson, we learned the basics to Wushu. We started off learning about the three different types of hand movements: quan, which is the fist; zhang, which is the palm; and gou shou, which is putting all five fingers together. We took a while to get used to these hand movements. For the quan, our thumb cannot be above our other fingers, or below it. It must be on the second and third finger, and we constantly got reminded by our jiao lian, which is our teacher. For the zhang, our thumb is suppose to be sticked closely to our second finger, and it must be bent. Also, our other fingers are suppose to be straighten and pushed back. For the gou shou, we have to put our five fingers together and it must be facing downwards. All were equally hard to remember in the beginning, as all had its own criteria and difficulty. I found the gou shou hardest as I have not came across it before.
Moving from the hand movements, we learned about the leg movements. We learned four different bu: gong bu, pu bu, ma bu, xie bu and xu bu. For gong bu, it is basically putting one leg in front of the other. The leg in front has to be 90 degrees bent, nothing more, nothing less. Also, the back leg has to be straightened and your feet has to be turned in. For pu bu, one leg has to be stretched out while the other leg is like squatting. The things we have to take note of is that the heel of the leg that is bent must be on the floor, and the feet of the leg straightened must be turned in. For ma bu, it is basically like sitting, except that our feet have to be turned in, and our knees must be 90 degrees. For xie bu, it is crossing one leg over the other and sitting down with neither knees touching the floor. For xu bu, it is putting one leg in front of the other, and no weight is placed on the front leg. After learning these new leg movements, we tried it out. It was not as easy as it seems. Ma bu seemed to be the hardest for me.
Next we learned different routines, like wu bu quan and ji ben quan. Both had its own difficulties. We also learned a couple of short routines which includes the hand and leg movements. We took some time to remember these moves and perfect them. Out of these things that we have learnt, I am better at the routines and the different kicks. I tend to forget to straighten my palm for the zhang. I will do my best to try to remember and correct myself.
With each routine we learn, the difficulties get harder and harder. We would have to train hard to reach the stage when our teacher is at, and hopefully get to use a weapon. I also hope to represent the school in future competitions.
I choose wushu as my CCA in the first place was because I had always wanted to learn wushu but had never have the time to learn it because of my CCA in primary school, now I can choose wushu as my CCA, I can finally fulfill this wish, this way I can also help myself lose weight. However during this period of 5 months, I have discovered how fun and exciting it is to learn wushu, so I now look forward to going to wushu lessons. In these last few months of practicing wushu, I have learnt many values and wushu routines. So far, I have learnt quite a few short routines which add up to much longer routines. In the 5 months, I have learnt the ‘Five Step Routine’ and the ‘Basic Routine’, which are the two longer routines that we have learnt and we also learnt the other routines like ‘Five Wheel Hit’, ‘Back Sweep’, etc. Everyone is bound to have many strengths and weaknesses, so I’d like to say my strengths and weaknesses and how the 10 Cs helped me. In all these routines, it is crucial that I have to go into the positions correctly and make my moves look more forceful. The difficult thing about it was about stretching down to the correct positions and staying there. To help with this, My wushu coach made the class stretch down for at least a minute, hoping that our muscles can stretch down easily later. Doing this, I have practiced one of the 10 Cs, which was commitment, as I needed to practice the positions everyday to let my muscles become used to stretching that far down for longer periods of time. As my wushu coach teaches more and more different routines, it is sometimes confusing to remember which moves belong to which routine, so my wushu coach made us practice these routines everyday to allow us to remember the moves as they have to be done. This allows us to practice Critical Thinking, so I can react to the situation quickly and perform the move correctly and let the routine look more fierce and revised. As some of my friends in wushu find it difficult to remember some steps, I helped them by telling them my own method of remembering the steps. I would think what does the particular step resembles the most, then make myself think of that thing that resembles the wushu step the most when doing the routine, so that I can remember the step faster. This method of remembering the steps is Creative of the 10 Cs, as it is quite creative to think of the steps that way, normally some people would think of the steps as they are, later finding it difficult to recall the step. In Basic Routine, there was a part where we were required to kick and hit our shoe in midair, this was a problem for me as I could not go high enough to do it like the others. Later I found out that it was because I was doing it the wrong way as I was practicing with the fellow members of wushu. This taught me about Collaborative of the 10 Cs, this let me know that to be able to do the routines efficiently, we have to correct our friend’s mistakes, so that they can do it better than if he/she did not know of the mistakes. Sometimes, when a new routine is taught or some people do not do the routine swiftly, he would get people to perform the routine in front of him and the others, we must be Confident so that we would not get stage-fright during the routine and fold up. In future, I hope that we would be skilled and practiced enough to be able to compete in national competitions, hopefully even be able to do well.
I am having many problems with wushu now as I cannot get many of the strokes right, because I am too used to doing tai chi. Wushu and Tai Chi are different as tai chi is soft kung fu whereas wushu is hard kung fu. I am also having another problem as I am quite fat, so it is difficult for me to do major stretches like splits. Even though I am having many problems with wushu, I am still having lots of fun, as I am learning a new art.
During the first few lessons of wushu, it was already tough. The warm ups required us to stretch A LOT, which made my whole body ache for a few days. After we did the warm ups, the coach taught us basic hand movements such as gou shou, zhang, and quan. The coach (Guan Jiao Lian) also taught us basic leg movements such as ma bu, gong bu, pu bu, xie bu, and xu bu, which almost took quite some time to perfect.
After we covered the basic of the basics, we moved on to kicks, such as li he, wai bai, pai jiao, zheng ti, tan ti tui, ten tui, and teng kong er qi jiao. When we were watching the coach demonstrate the kicks, it all seemed really easy as he did it with no pain or sweat at all, but when it was our turn to do the kicks it ended up quite difficult as leg co-ordination was needed. While doing the kicks, I ended up doing it as if I were a ballerina doing ballet, which made me look like a complete fool.
After doing the kicks and all, we moved on to the routines such as wu bu quan, ji ben quan, pu bu chuan zhang, hou sao tui, and many other routines with no titles or maybe titles which I had forgotten. The routines were basically compilations of various hand movements, leg movements, and kicks. The routines were even harder for me to as we had to move quickly to move on to the next step, and had to perfect all the the movements in order to make the routine look good which made me have a hard time learning the routines.
Overall, I think wushu is a very good and fun co-curriculum activity to participate in, as it has many good benefits, like making the body more flexible and more fit, training as a form of self defence, and a performing art. I also think that wushu is fun because the coach sometimes plays games with us, and during breaks, we even crack jokes!
Soon, after 2 lessons, the coach even commented that I was great at “tan ti 腿”, even better than those who started from the very first lesson of Wushu. I was delighted at the news, as it means that I picked up Wushu very fast and I had caught up with the other Wushu members.
At first, I found Wushu rather torturing in terms of the warm-ups and the stretchings. However, slowly after one or two more lessons, I got used to them and started to enjoy Wushu. I started to look forward to Wushu every single lesson.
During Wushu, at the start of each session, our instructor would pick one of us to lead the warm-ups. After that, we would do some stretching and practice all the poses for 1 minute, which means that we would remain at that pose for exactly 1 minute, which is very tiring. The instructor said that he would increase the time that we need to remain at the post for slowly, which means that previously, it was for 30 seconds, now it’s for 1 minute, and soon, it will be 1 minute and 30 seconds, and so on and so forth. Therefore it is just like training our thigh muscles to be stronger and stronger each time. After all those poses and stretching, we would start off with all the routines, but before that we are allowed a short break of no more than 15 minutes to drink water and cool ourselves down and practice some of the routines on our own so that we have no excuses for forgetting the moves of the routines. We would do those routines that we are familiar with ourselves, but together according to the instructor’s instructions, and for those that we are not so familiar with that we just learnt one or two sessions ago, the instructor would do it together with us for a few times and then we are supposed to do it once or twice by ourselves. After that, for some sessions the instructor would pick on a few of us to do some routines in front of the entire team and the instructor himself too. After that, we would cool down. For us, cool down is push-ups, sit-ups, etc. It can be quite tiring sometimes but I still enjoy Wushu a lot.
When I first started Wushu, the only people I talked to were Yan Jin, because I knew her from child care to primary school and now secondary school and we are best friends, and Khim, because I knew her as Yan Jin’s classmate. But gradually, I became friends with Preston, Kai Chek, and slowly the rest of the team throughout the sessions. Our friendship grew every session we saw each other which caused us to talk to each other a lot during and outside CCA.
I would also like to participate in Inter-School Wushu competitions, and I would also like to use the sword or spear or any other weapon soon and to perform to the entire school whatever we have learnt before, and we are going to do that in July during Racial Harmony Day.
Overall, I think the Wushu team is quite good in the sense that we listen to our instructor’s instruction carefully and do our routines rather efficiently (maybe only for the girls, as the boys’ work are not as neat as that of the girls). I am proud to be in the Wushu CCA of SST and I will continue to work hard to achieve my goal.
Goh Chin Fan, S1-07
At first, after I was chosen to go for Wushu CCA, I felt a little uncomfortable as I did not really like Wushu. Early in my primary school days, I did attempt to enter Wushu as I was interested at the time but I was not chosen. So, as time went by, I began to become less interested in it. I included Wushu in my list of CCAs as I knew it would be good for me physically and mentally but since I was not interested, I put it as one of my last options on the list.
But after a few lessons, I felt even more strongly of its benefits to me so I appreciated and liked it more. It helped me to strengthen my body and keep me fit. It also taught me about endurance and self-discipline, which many Singaporean children lack.
I always feel that my body is very weak, even when I hit myself in my arm, I feel a lot of pain, so in joining this CCA, I have begun to see some improvement and I believe with more practice, I will see a big physical change in myself. Endurance is a major factor in Wushu too as it is quite rigorous and requires a considerable amount of flexibility, strength and precision. I am quite flexible just that I do not have enough endurance so I tire easily. Self-discipline is a must as we need it in order to perform moves which have to be coordinated with surgical precision, partnered with the right amount of strength to produce a captivating performance for the audience.
The wushu we are learning is more inclined towards performance rather than for self-defence when in a dangerous situation. However, some of the moves we learnt can still be used for self-defence, but it is not sufficient enough in order for it to be effective for that application.
Every week, my fellow Wushu friends and I have to undergo four hours of training, two hours on two separate lessons on different days of the week. Always immediately after each lesson, I feel that parts of my body are aching after practising many moves and stretching my connective tissues. I recall that my best friend and a few good friends in primary school were in Wushu CCA. On many occasions on public holidays, I see them perform Wushu moves in front of the rest of the cohort. Now I know how they feel when they train for such events which lasts for a short period of time compared to all the time they spend learning and practising all those moves. However, I still want to take part in competitions to represent the school as it would be an honour. My plan is to be able to at least be able to represent SST and be one of the best in an inter-school competition.
As the June holidays arrive, when I invite my once primary school friends who are in other secondary schools to my house, I will show them the moves I have learned and they can show me theirs. In the process, we can also get to learn from each other’s mistakes and help each other progress. I am also eager to show my parents each new move I learnt as I feel good whenever my parents clap or commend; this in turn, motivates me to practise harder to perfect my moves.
I feel that joining Wushu was a blessing in disguise as now, I realize that should be more open to different types of sport. This had helped me tremendously on winning a gold for my house in basketball as I was more open to it and changed my perception of it for the better.
630 words (excluding the title this two lines of text you are reading now and the words below)
P.S. Everything I typed above was true and there were no exaggerations and untrue details.
So far, throughout the past 5 months of learning of Wushu, I enjoyed each lesson. I became more flexible due to the stretching. My physical fitness has also improved. My strength is that because I have some background, I am able to learn the moves fast with enough practice. However, my weakness is that although I can do the moves well, I do not have the kind of momentum and that kind of power (没有气势、没有力) . Despite my weaknesses, I found myself interested in Chinese culture. I am amazed at how the ancient people in China devised these ways of self-defence. The movements all are targeted at strategic spots, showing that the ancient people are very familiar with human anatomy. I plan to learn more about Wushu and explore its various styles and mysteries. Competing in championships will enable me to understand better why some people are able to perform so well.
Wushu has a wide array of moves. There are “five-step routine” (五步拳), “basic routine”(基本拳) and others that are very practical for self defence. Some basic hand movements include punches (拳), hooking the hands (勾手) and palm (掌). Kicking movements include kick (弹踢) outside-to-inside kick (里和) and inside-to-outside kick (外摆). I am quite excited to learn the weapons so soon. I only expected to learn it at the second year. I hope to learn the rod (棍).
From Wushu, I learned that wushu is not only about achieving personal best, but also applies some C’s from our school: collaboration; how you work with your teammates, communication; everybody’s action must be consistent, confidence and courage; sometimes we forget or does the action wrongly, we need to be able to correct it, commitment; we need to commit ourselves to the sport in order for us to really enjoy it and learn from it and finally, cross-cultural understanding; wushu is China’s art, therefore we also learn chinese culture along the way.
Yeo Jun Jie
S1-07
In this past few days, Wushu has benefited me quite a lot. When I failed my NAPFA test, I failed it because of my lack of stamina and strength. Wushu trained me to be able to focus and continue. On the first try, I wasn’t determined enough, and my stamina wasn’t good enough and just gave up halfway. After that day, I went on and practiced even harder in wushu, and I could feel something train on. The motivation even went on further as I started the habit of running at the nearby park in my home area. When the re-test came, I was all-ready for it. When Mr Lam started the signal to run, I begun to run like I did at the park, and I beat my record with flying colors. The training had worked! Wushu had given me the strength to carry on, the motivation to achieve my goals.
Wushu was also some form of exercise, in a sense that I could continuously train and build up my stamina and endurance. I also train myself to go beyond my limits. Some of the moves, like 马步,虚步, train your endurance and make you focus your energy, as you have to stay still in a not so comfortable position for a few minutes. The other moves, like 扑步,歇步,弓步,&串掌 are other components of the wushu movement structures.
So long as we stay focused, we will achieve our goals!
Wei Jun
S1-03
The lessons were very strenuous that first few lessons made my body ache for days and my and friends from Wushu would be complaining the next day on how badly their body was aching and where it was aching but after awhile my body got used to the strenuous training and I not have anymore aches. We had to do a lot of stretching to make us flexible so that we can do some of the Wushu moves like splits( which I cannot do yet).
When we first started Wushu, we had to learn the five stances which are Ma Bu(Horse Stance),Gong Bu(Bow Stance), Xu Bu(Cat Stance), Xie Bu(Rest Stance) and Pu Bu(Flat Stance) and the 3 punches. We also have to learn kicks such as the Li He(inner crescent kick) and the Wai Bai( outer crescent kick). These stances and punches are the foundation of Wushu and I think every routines has at least one of this stance or punch. After learning them we had to learn a few basic rountines such as the Wu Bu Quan (five step rountine) and the Ji Ben Quan. I had a hard time learning some of these rountines especially Ji Ben Quan as I was either sick or busy when they were learning it that by the time I came back the had already learnt something new and I had to catch up with them. Other than the kicks,punches and the routines we learn, our Wushu coach also teaches us some martial arts moves so that we can defend ourselves but we were told no to use them unless for self defense or else we would hurt someone.
I find Wushu enjoyable as I am able to make friends with people from different classes it is a great form of exercise and also teaches you some martial arts. It teaches me discipline as we need to practice or else we would forget how to do a routine or kick. That can help me in my studies so that I can control myself and not play more than my studies.
The Spirit and Beauty in Wushu is to PERSEVERE in the time of adversity. I am confident that ALL of you will internalise the philosophy of this martial art as we 'kick' forward every single move.
武术的精神贵在“和”与“气”--和平、正气!
黄老师@特务J ^^
It is delightful to hear from all your reflections that everyone enjoys the trainings and is determined to strive for higher achievement.
Wushu is a very well balanced martial art because it promotes good health, both aerobically and mentally. All practitioners learn to coordinate the body and its limbs, increase their spiritual energy, and build muscular strength and flexibility. I believe learning Wushu will give you the ability to defend yourself with combinations of punches, kicks, throws, and grappling techniques, depending on the situation.
Most importantly, learning Wushu will fundamentally give you a superior foundation (mentally, physically, and spiritually) for your well-being. Keep it UP!!!
Mr. Low
Before I joined wushu in February, I already had experienced wushu training before, about 3 to 4 years ago, in a community club near my house, but i had to quit it after about 2 years because the timing was not right. As it had always started at Saturday at night, I found it too pressurizing as I had homework to do at night, but I had always liked wushu. I did not really learn any special wushu yet, because I was still training in the basics, and although they are basics, they are pretty tough to master.
Before I chose wushu as my first choice, I just wanted to experience wushu again. I wanted to know what wushu in secondary school was like. But I forgot that it was a performance CCA, But I felt like I was training it all over again anyway. My joints had gone “rusty” over the 3 to 4 years that I did not train wushu, so I felt every pain I had endured 3 to 4 years ago, although I did not know why, but I actually liked it.
I felt really lucky that I had still practiced one or two of the exercises that I had learnt during the wushu that I had in the community club, if not, those exercises would have taken a long time to become actually “perfect”.
Through the wushu training I had been, I realized that beginning to get stronger, react faster, and be more flexible. At the start of the wushu, Mr Low, our teacher in charge, told us that the Napfa would be a breeze for us, now, I realized that it was just a matter of time before the Napfa would be a breeze for us. That was one of the pros of wushu.
Physical training was not the only thing that I had learnt from wushu. Wushu trains not only the body, but it also trains the mind. It had taught me that strength is easily to gain than a strong will. To go through wushu, one must have a strong will to endure the tough exercises. A weak-minded person would probably faint after his or her first day training wushu.
In this cca, I had experienced pain, joy, tiredness, happiness,and realized the importance of water, and a break. I had learnt that if we take simple thing like walking up the stairs to a higher level, or even hopping up the stairs quickly can be an exercise to train stamina. Our coach had sometimes tried to motivate us to train, for example,when running up the stairs, we played a game. For example, if the person behind catches up to you, you would have to run another time up the stairs. So far, people running up the stairs again only happened once, and that was because our coach was the one running behind the last person, and he was fast.
There would be breaks once in a while for us to relax ad have a sip of water. During those breaks, some of us would chat, or practice wushu, but eventually, all of us would end up practicing, somehow.
I remember once, our coach told us that during wushu, when one person does wushu, no matter how slowly or quickly, his or her partner ‘s moves would have to be synchronized with each other.
I am sorry that I have sent it in late
I joined wushu because I liked martial arts and wanted to try something different. I feel that my strengths are that i learn fast but my balance is not very good .
So far we have learnt a few different short routines, a few types of kicks and poses. The coach also told us about a bit of the background of how each pose or type of kick and learnt their name. He also taught us that in every Wushu technique there is a counter and an attack.
Although wushu is very tiring I still enjoy it very much as i find it very fun. Wushu has also helped me increase my stamina and flexibility because of the warm-ups and stretches that we go through. A few examples of these would be like running on the spot,attempting to do splits and touching the ground with your palm while standing up.
Wushu also test our memories and discipline. The teacher would teach us the routines and we would have to home practise it and remember it. So that when the next lesson arrives we would be able to do the routines and improve faster. Wushu also tests our determination to learn the routines because these routines when done repeatedly can be quite tiring but with determined we are able to continue.
Every session of Wushu we would always start off with the warm ups followed by the stretching. After this we would take a short break before practising the routines. After this we would have another break and have some time to practise the more difficult routines.Then the couch would ask us to perform these routines in pairs or small groups.
After that we would have our cooling down which usualy consists of sit-ups push ups. Occasionally we would run up the stairs several times
we are quite close with the coach as we treat him as a friend. we would also clarify
doubts like how the actions are supposed to be done or if we were in the correct position.
The first few session we were like strangers . We didn't talk to each other very much and we were always with the friends in the same class but after awhile we started socialising more with other people in the CCA and soon became friends.however we started to make too much noise and the coach would ask us to pay attention.